Compliance and VAT of associations established as legal entities will be reviewed, with some items highlighted:
Compliance for Assosciations:
- NPO tax return: What not to forget (company cars, withholding tax…), what needs to be enclosed, risk of being taxed as a corporation
- Asset declaration: What to include?
- Forms 2xx regarding income paid to third parties (sub-contractors)
- Publications in the Official Gazette (proxies, binding powers given to employees, directors)
- Deposit Accounts through the trade court or National Bank of Belgium,
- List of members
- Others (etc)
- Qualification as a VAT taxable person
- Possible Exemptions in relation to VAT (such as cost sharing association)
- Obligation to register for VAT as a regular VAT taxable person or for filing special VAT returns
Managing Partner | ERYV sprl
Eric is a Chartered Accountant & Tax Adviser (IEC) He specialized in taxation of cross border income for individuals (expats & inpats). He helps with filing individuals tax returns (resident & non-resident) and advises on special questions (contractors taxation, inheritance and wealth taxation in an international mobility background, EU civil servants taxation, ...) He also helps small companies and associations with their accounting and tax duties (setup, registration and closing of companies; bookkeeping, VAT return filing, yearly accounts setup, corporate reports, corporate tax return, various tax questions) He is himself member of the board of several non-profit associations.
Tax Partner | BDO Services CVBA
Brigitte started her professional career as a tax and legal advisor in 1997. She started to work at BDO in 2008 and has more than 15 years experience working in VAT. She works closely with the tax professionals of the international BDO network for international clients/transactions. She also gives VAT trainings (internal and external) on a regular basis. She regularly gives advice on different VAT issues on national and international transactions (including VAT advice for public authorities), assisting foreign companies in applying Belgian VAT identification numbers, set-up and review of the VAT compliance, analysing the VAT aspects of the targets in DD in multiple DD assignments, performing of VAT audits, assisting clients with VAT reviews by the VAT Authorities and negotiations with the VAT Authorities regarding rulings.